4.1.09

Nancy Heart... Inspirations

After the last post relating to Nancy Heart, I really hadn't given her much further thought, mainly because at the time I felt as though I'd more or less settle with what I'd created then. After a much needed mull, I've determined this is not the case, especially with the final character aesthetic nailed thanks to Dr. and Mrs. Wright.

To rewind for a second, I want to share [as I did a couple of months ago with Dr. Wright] some images of some female celebrities and characters whom I wanted to inform the lo
ok of Nancy. Firstly, Brooke Shields... a much younger Brooke Shields:


I'll be honest. The only thing that springs to mind when I see Ms. Shields is the bizarre character of Erika Ford she plays in an episode during the second season of Friends... Mainly because that's the only thing I'd care to watch with her in, nonetheless I feel that particular character is relevant in that she is beautiful, yet detrimentally marred by a screwed up perception of the world.

Secondly, Uma Thurman:


Probably no surprise to some, as many are aware she ranks highly on my list of 'tappable' women. She has a unique, yet clean facial structure, and there's a marked width between her eyes - something which adds to her attractiveness in my opinion, and so it was something I considered for Nancy.

And, undoubtedly, there will be those who draw parallels to Jessica Rabbit, and as such an iconic figure, it was hard not to draw inspiration on a general scale. So here she is, just because:


Beauu-dif-ful! Now on with the next post.

No comments: