20.5.09

Postnatal Production... Harbour Lights, done!

The Southampton Harbour Lights Cinema. Four years ago, I remember looking ahead to this time starry eyed wondering what film it was that I would produce and screen in my third year vowing that I would strive to work to the best of my ability and hope to inject a minute or two of enjoyment, and with a bit of luck, laughter into an unsuspecting audience member's day.

Well, with the rapid flow of time, I'm now looking back on the event beaming as through some sort of freak miscalculation of the powers that be and audience (!), Natal Attraction takes home its first two awards - Best Film 2009 and Audience Choice 2009.

"What the hell is wrong with you people!?" I said.

Apparently, an abundance of sexual innuendo, genitalia, blood and cumshots sit well with a British audience, much to my immense surprise. I suppose one of the things I've learnt from today is that taking a risk with a wild and raunchy script isn't an inherently bad thing.

Further to this, and something I've been saying all along - the production of a film, nay, art in general, is that in order to achieve success, having the support and passionate input of your peers [friends, family, tutors, etc] pays huge dividends in your ability to be creative and desire to do the very best you can. I would find it hard to understand how one could produce to the best of their ability within a purely internalised production process.

In a nutshell, what I am trying to say is that every artist who contributed their talents, every person who took a figment of interest in this film was invaluable to me. Natal Attraction would simply not exist in its current form without all these folk and, chances are if you are reading this, you are one of them too - so thank you!

I've loved every minute of it.

1 comment:

Sweet Brian said...

It's fucking ace mate... though I am offcially off ketchup for life now... well done you (no ones in the least bit suprised that you're THIS talented though- you make me sick)lots of love xxxx